Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sunchales, St. Patrick's Day 2014

March 17, 2014
HOLA!!!!

Hmm donde empiezo (where do I begin)?? Well, another week flew by! I know all of my emails are pretty short, but it's really because every single week we walk and walk and walk some more, then walk some more trying to find people to teach and talk to everyone, and barely anyone wants to listen. But don't worry, I still LOVE the mission and I never imagined that I could ever be so happy. I have learned so much about diligence and obedience and how the Spirit guides me, I have met so many amazing people that have changed my life forever, I have learned Spanish and am still learning how to adapt to another culture. The mission has changed my life and I love being one of the Lord's servants at this time. 

So, this week:

MONDAY: We cleaned alllll day to prepare for the next transfer, then every Monday night we have dinner and a quick meeting with the missionary couple from Switzerland. They are awesome and Hermana Hohermuth cooks really well! They both know English and love to talk to me in English, so at least I have some practice (:

TUESDAY: We had P-day, went to San Cristobal to say goodbye to our AMAZING district leader from Mexico, Elder Madrid, who taught us how to make real Mexican tacos and I was so happy because I miss Mexican food SO MUCH!!! We then went to teach Jorgelina and Toto who are having troubles with family right now. Jorgelina is really depressed so she is still smoking and won't give it up. SO please pray for her with us!!!

WEDNESDAY: Hermana Arias is learning how to ride a bike and Hermanos Hohermuth and I are teaching her. HAHAHA It's super fun! We spend about 30 minutes almost every morning trying to help her. If she learns, then we get bikes!!!!! (: We then finally saw Olga again, and she blames all of her problems on God. It's so sad to listen to her complain and ask why Heavenly Father isn't answering her prayers when she doesn't take the time to count all of the blessings she already has. We are trying realllllly hard to help her understand patience and that she is not the only one who has to pass through trials. Please pray for her too! I have never seen someone with such light change so quickly and lose it. It breaks my heart but I know that the Lord can help us help her! 

THURSDAY: We walked for an hour to find a friend of our branch president and he wasn't there (haha) so then we had to walk all the way back (haha)...lots of walking, I told you (: I had to pee sooooo bad and we still were going to be out for 2 more hours so we decided to try and contact someone and then ask if I could use their bathroom. Great idea, right!? We contacted a super cute old lady and then we asked her, and she said NO! Haha, I just about died! But no worries, we finally ran back home and were able to find a new investigator after! Her name is Sabrina and we are going to try and teach her whole family this week.

FRIDAY: We had 5 lessons this day which was a miracle! One was with Patricia. She is amazing and her whole family is awesome! Her husband (man that she lives with and father of her kids...) still doesn't want to talk to us, but poco a poco (little by little) we will convince him! We invited Patricia to church on Sunday and said she would come! (:

SATURDAY: We taught Family Palavesino the Restoration and invited them to be baptized...all 7 of them! (: They said they wanted to pray first to know if it is true but they are golden!! Pray for them too, please (: Thanks! We set up a family night with them in the next week and will have a BBQ and watch a movie with them, so it should be really great!

SUNDAY: We were expecting 5 people to come to church and 3 did!!! Patricia and her 2 daughters came and we learned about the life of Christ so it was a great day!!! We have been working so hard to have people come to church and when they finally come, I can't explain the happiness we have! Then we visited with a less active Hermana and watched the Restoration and she is finally softening her heart! (: Then we came home and I cut Hermana Arias' hair, and she cut mine! We have a lot of trust in our companionship...haha but it's worth it because I don't want to pay 100 pesos for a haircut! My hair is pretty short, but it will grow again!

I think that just about catches you all up. I love this work so much and even though sometimes we can't see the fruits of our labors, I know that the Lord is blessing us for what we can do and that he is still preparing His children. Alma 13: 24. I was going to type it for you but accidentally brought the Book of Mormon in Spanish …haha.

Love you all so much!! Have a great week! Trust in the Lord will all your hearts, and lean not unto your own understanding.

Con muchooooo amor, 
Hermana Moberly<3

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEA!!!!!!!!!! Woohooooooo 16 years old! Love you<3




 

No comments:

Post a Comment