Monday, November 4, 2013

Transferring, but Staying in Texas Houston South for Now

Hola Everyone! (:

Hope you all had a great week! I had the longest and hardest week of my mission (maybe even my life) so far! But it turned out better and now it's a new week!! (: Hermano Martinez is still going to get baptized this Saturday and Hna. Kennedy and I get to sing "Nearer My God to Thee". We tried to visit formers (people who have been taught before but are now not meeting with missionaries) but NO ONE was home!! We spent most of the week driving all over our area trying to visit people or find news, but no luck. And now I'm getting transferred this week and will get a new companion and new area! But I really feel like I did all I needed to here.

Halloween was pretty fun. We weren't allowed to be outside the house after 7PM so we came home and played Old Maid with Disney cards that the Edwards family sent me (: Thanks! And we made pumpkin empanadas for the ladies in our ward. So I'm glad this week is over, but we were still able to help a lot of people.

Funny story of the week: we met a new family and hna. Kennedy asked the woman how many months she had of being pregnant....but she wasn't pregnant! She had had her baby 10 months before but she really looked pregnant! haha We laughed for so long after we left that appointment!

Hno Martinez played a joke on us this week that was soooo mean!!!! He called us Thursday and said "we need to have a meeting. Just me and you two. It’s all too fast!" and he wouldn't tell us anything else so the rest of the day we were so sad and trying to figure out how we can help him and it was just a really hard and depressing day!!! So then we went over Friday to talk to him and he told us, "Okay all I wanted to talk about is which day I’m going to be baptized because I could do it Saturday, but what about Friday or even Thursday!?" Then he laughed and asked us what we thought when he called us yesterday! He ruined our whole day!!! Goodness! That man is the center of my world right now and we had a huge weight on our shoulders trying to help him haha but he did it on purpose!! So Mean!!

Other than that, nothing is new! I've been thinking about something I heard at a zone conference a few weeks ago, where if you are living a worthy and righteous life, our first thoughts always come from the Lord but the second thoughts are always from Satan. So I have been trying really hard to just act on those first impressions this week. It is so easy to have a thought to visit someone and then quickly after wonder if they are home, if they are busy, etc. So go throughout this week and don't give into those second impressions when the first ones we receive are always from Heavenly Father! Love you all and hope you have a great week!! Pray for me and my future companion...haha (:

Hermana Moberly

 

No comments:

Post a Comment