Thursday, June 20, 2013

MTC Week # 5

Hola!
       Another crazy week here at the MTC! It goes by so fast I can barely remember what I even do every day. It wasn't the best week I've had, but still wonderful and I wouldn't change anything! I've been a little sick the last few days (don't worry Mom, just a cold (:) but I still go to class and try my best to pay attention...haha. I think what helped me the most this week was actually a lesson that my companions and I planned. One of our teachers wanted us to teach him in English so we decided to talk about the trials we face in life and how we are promised that the Savior will never leave us alone. It reminded me of the poem "Footprints in the Sand" or something like that where a man reflects back on his life and sees two sets of footprints in the sand. But he notices that during the hard times there was only one set of footprints. He asks the Lord why He left him alone during the difficult times, and the Savior replies that those are His footprints and He carried him through. I have been thinking a lot about this the last few days. The mission is hard and some days you experience things and wonder why you feel alone, or wonder what you're supposed to do next. I'm sure it will get even harder out in Argentina, but I know that I will never be left alone and that I can make it through with faith in Jesus Christ. SO I hope you all are doing great and remember that the Lord and Heavenly Father know what they are doing. They won't try us to the point where we won't succeed or make it through. Sometimes we may feel left alone or have a little faith left to push through, but I know that the Savior makes it bearable for us to survive because of His Atonement and sacrifice for us. I think that while I have been here at the MTC, my testimony on the Atonement of Jesus Christ has both been strengthened and helped me the most. When we just trust in Him and allow Him to help us, we can have our burdens lifted. It doesn't mean it will be easy, just bearable.
       Okay, now for happy thoughts! I'm doing great; I absolutely still LOVE it here!!! Me and my companions are best friends and I'm so thankful for them! The other day me and Hermana Garrett did a crazy hard circuit workout in the gym...or at least attempted to....and we were so sore the next morning that we couldn't even get out of our chairs after class! It doesn't help either that we live on the fourth floor and our class is on the fourth floor either haha...but our calves are getting stronger so that will help with all the walking we will do in Argentina (: Now, for the news you have all been waiting for (that I'm sure you've already heard).....I GOT TO HOST CORI YESTERDAY!!!!!! haha so I was looking for their blue car and when I saw it, it was down the sidewalk pretty far away from my station, but I booked it! A sister was walking towards their car and I just asked her "PLEASE! Let me take this one" and then just ran up and hugged Cori!! Yes, I cried, but it has already been an emotional week for me and I NEEDED to see her! It was definitely a blessing and the best part of my week!! I didn't get a picture because I couldn't have my camera, but I'm sure I'll see her and send you one later. I also saw Jacquie in the cafeteria at dinner!! We got a picture but I can't figure out how to download it onto this computer...so you may have to wait until next week! But they are doing great, they love it and I'll take good care of them<3 Cori actually has class a floor below mine so I'm sure I'll see her a lot (: Other than that, not much new, just trying to get better, learning more Spanish, and trying to learn as much as I can before I leave. I can't believe I leave a week from Monday!! No news on my visa yet, I just heard last night that no new missionaries have been sent to Rosario since last October...but that might be a rumor. Whatever the Lord wants to happen will happen so I'm good with anything! I really wouldn't mind staying here an extra week (: I can pretty much say whatever I want in Spanish now...that might be a little exaggerated, but my teacher said that if we went to Argentina right now we would be fine. I say all of my prayers in Spanish no matter what and we are trying to only speak Spanish to each other throughout the day. But I know that the language will come, I just need to make sure I'm doing the little things everyday like my scripture study, learning the Preach My Gospel lessons and practicing my faith in Jesus Christ. I love you all and hope you have an AMAZING week! I miss you and pray for everyone every day! Keep trying to be like our Savior Jesus Christ! Goal for this week that I'm trying to do as well....keep a gratitude journal. If we wake up each morning and write what we are thankful for, I know that our day will already start to be a happy one and our mindset will be more Christ-like. Love you!!

Hermana Moberly

No comments:

Post a Comment