Monday, August 18, 2014

Hola from Sunchales

Holaa (:

        ¿Como estan? (: I'm doing great!! This week was a really hard one, but we made it through. It gave me a lot of time to think about the scripture in Ether 12:6. That after the trial of our faith, we will see the blessings. I really have come to know in the mission, that with faith in God and patience and trust in His plan, everything works out for the best and in His own timing. Maybe our investigators aren't keeping their commitments or we can't find a lot of new people, but the Lord knows why, and if we keep going forward, He will bless us for our sacrifices and efforts. 
        On Monday, we were in Rafaela for a zone P-day and meeting. We played a tournament of a game called Paddle (it's like tennis and ping pong) but I lost all three games I played...nothing has changed (; It reminded me of when I quit taking tennis lessons because Kelly was better than me haha. But it was a lot of fun. We also watched Rio 2 and it was super funny. In the meeting we learned a lot about how to plan better, and this week we really saw the blessings of that. Even though we couldn’t teach as much as usual, we were able to be in the places where the Lord needed us to be. 
        We focused the whole week on inviting everyone to church and being more bold. It was so great in the lessons and the people committed to come and they felt the spirit testify to them, but then no one came again on Sunday. So it was a little hard, yesterday. I was trying so hard to keep it all in and be strong for my comp, but then when we made brownies and they burnt...that was the last thing and I started to cry. Hahaha now I can laugh about it haha. 
        Carolina was great this week! We stopped by and asked if she read. She looked so confused and said she didn't really understand. We asked her what she read, and she opened to Alma 58 which talks about the Nephites and Lamanites in war hahaha. Her 2 year old daughter switched the pages and she read that instead of 2 Nephi 2 (: But she told us she is afraid of praying about Joseph Smith because he is something new. We tried to explain the Restoration of Christ's church again, and she committed to praying. They really feel peace when we come by, we just have to help them recognize that that is the spirit telling them it is true. We shared Moroni 10:5 that the spirit only testifies of the truth, and they wouldn't feel like this if it was a lie. So we are praying that she will pray and receive and recognize her answer. 
        Sylvana didn't come to church again. We don’t know why, but we are going to stop by today and ask what's up. She tells us she is waiting for her answer, but she will not receive an answer if she isn't reading or coming to church. So we need to see what she wants and where her desires are. We really have to do this with a lot of people this week. I really hope they all understand and decide to keep going forward, but we might need to look for a lot more new investigators as well.
        We had interviews with President Zanni on Tuesday and he asked me what he can do to help me. I told him I am trying all I can to finish the mission strong, and I asked what he did. He told me baptized weekly and then taught me how. Every week we need to make a ''contract'' with God and tell him what we want to find, what we are going to do, what we are going to sacrifice, and then He will promise us to bless us with that. So this week we are sacrificing a few things to be even more obedient and are asking to find a family of 4 where the parents are married and have 2 children that are looking for the gospel and will be ready for baptism in 4 weeks. It's like the brother of Jared. He went to the Lord with the stones and the Lord touched them and made them light up. I know that with our sacrifices and faith and our desires to find this family, the Lord will keep His part. We felt the spirit tesify to us that it will happen. It’s up to us now, because the Lord always keeps His promises. It's us who are imperfect. But we are going to work really hard so that we can find this family this week. But then we need to be finding people or families like this every week so that soon, we can baptize every week. He told me that it might take a little time, but he promised me that it works and that it is possible because everything is possible with God. Moroni 7:33, we just need faith. So I am really excited!! And I can help Hna Nelson learn how to do it too, so that the rest of her mission she can have so much success in bringing others unto Christ.
        I love the mission and am so grateful everyday for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord. It is hard, and maybe we do cry a little (; but it is worth it and the Lord is here with us every step of the way. Love you all so much!! Have a great week and have faith in the Lord. He is always willing to bless us with our desires if we will but ask him in faith. 

Con amor,
Hermana Moberly


No comments:

Post a Comment