Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunchales, Easter Week April 2014

April 14, 2014

Hola (:

Hmm....nothing really happened this week. The cold came and it's FREEZING! Especially at night when we are walking around trying to find people to teach and no one wants to listen! For some reason, it was our week to be rejected, but thank goodness for all of the General Conference talks, we were able to be grateful and have the faith to keep walking! Last night to end the day, we knocked on a door and a really sweet girl came out to talk to us. We introduced ourselves and then she told us she wasn't interested (which is what everyone says), so we kept talking and I finally asked her if she believed in God. She said no. We testified that we know there is a God and we are His daughters/children, and He loves us. I offered her a pamphlet to read to try and help her understand the plan that God has for us all. And you know what she told me? She said, ''You can give it to me if you want, but I'm not going to read it. In fact, I would love to use it for my barbeque!'' Yeah, that's how our night finished. It's really sad to meet people who don't believe in God and are so blinded. We tried everything we could to help her, but it's her decision. The mission is really rough, but I love testifying to the people what I KNOW is true. Hopefully one day they get another chance to accept it. That's why it's so important to talk to everyone, because you never know if it is finally their chance to accept the great gospel of Jesus Christ!

We had one investigator come to church this week, Silvia, and she really liked it! Our gospel principles teacher didn't come, so I taught the class on how we are the covenant people of God...I was so unprepared, but what's new! (; The Holy Ghost is my best friend because it always is guiding us!

This week we have lots of plans and goals to find new people...no one we are teaching is progressing, so time to find those who will! (:

We watched the women's Conference and it was the best!!!!! I loved all of the music! So cute (:

This week is a really great opportunity for us all to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. I know you all will be off of school and work, but try to ponder on the eternal blessings of Christ's atonement and sacrifice for us all. It is ONLY through and by Him that we can all live with our Heavenly Father again!! Happy Easter and eat some chocolate for me! The chocolate bunnies here are almost 100 pesos...I wish I had 100 pesos haha

Love you all so much! Thanks for everything! Keep praying and moving forward! God hears and answers our prayers! Be grateful for the gospel in your lives and share it with others! <3

Hermana Moberly

No comments:

Post a Comment