Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Love to See the Houston Temple, Mo City Sept 2013

9/17/2013

Hola todos<3

Hope you all had a great week! I did! It was really hard, but it's always good to be a missionary (: This morning I went to the Houston Temple and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I loved it!!

Not much happened this week...we did  A TON of service because we can't find any new people to teach. We are trying to get people from the members like their friends and neighbors, but it's hard helping them adjust to the work. They will get it eventually (; It's just hard right now because we have less people to teach and sometimes feel like we aren't doing what we came here to do. It's the members’ responsibility to find, and the missionaries job to teach!

We were supposed to have our investigator's (David's) baptism on Sunday but for some reason last week he snapped back to his old ways and is smoking and drinking again. It was so sad to hear that because he was so close! But we have some more work to do with him and I know that the Lord will help us know how to help him.

We had an AMAZING lesson with Hno. Martinez last week and we all cried because the spirit was so strong! I have never felt the spirit so strong as I do when we teach him. I know that there are angels in that room with us and that all of our ancestors are there too, especially Papa. I am convinced that they are best friends, and Papa and my companions' grandpas as well, are all helping him feel the spirit and accept our message. He knows the church is true but is afraid of changing because he has been going to the Catholic Church every Sunday for 55 years. But he will accept it one day and even admitted to us that one day he will be baptized. But I need to be here for it! He is the reason why I'm not in Argentina right now. I have never felt so much love as I do for these people here and I am trying my hardest to be that tool for Heavenly Father so that they can come back to Him.

So it was a really great week, even though there were a lot of hard times. But hard times make us stronger, right!? (: I hope y’all had a great week!! I miss you like crazy and pray for you daily! Thanks for all of your love and support! Don't stop being faithful and look for the Lord's tender mercies each day, because it's so easy to miss them.

 xoxox

Hermana Moberly
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment