Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Week Here in Houston

Hola Everyone (:

          So I had such a great week and hope y'all did too! We finally were able to see all of the miracles and blessings from the last two hard weeks of trials. But I know that if we endure trials in faith, the Lord blesses us and we come out stronger. I have been praying for trials lately because I really want to become the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be by the end of mission. Be careful what you pray for, though haha because Heavenly Father really does listen to us and answers us (:

The mission has been a lot harder than I ever thought, but so worth it! I was reading in "Preach My Gospel" this last week and I loved what it said. "Obedience to Jesus Christ is a lifelong commitment." It's so simple but so true. I know with all my heart that as long as we are being obedient to the commandments and are striving to become more like Christ every day, we will be rewarded in the life to come.

I have been studying Doctrine and Covenants a lot lately too and learning more about Joseph Smith and all of his sacrifices and trials. I think I have found my new role model. Joseph Smith and so many of the other early saints gave everything they had so that the true Church could be on the earth again. I want to sacrifice like they have done. I want to be willing to literally give my entire life over to Christ and know that if I am consecrating myself and all I have, I will be taken care of and carried through. I found a scripture in D&C 24:8 that says "Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." SO keep going! This life wasn't meant to be easy, just persevere and eventually, the hard times will become easier to bear (:

No cool stories or pictures this week...We literally just worked all the time and taught a lot which is what we are supposed to do! I think my favorite miracle of this week happened on Wednesday, though. We went over to Los Martinez (abuelitos) and decided to read 1 Nephi 8 about the tree of Life with Hermano. Usually he just listens to us and sits there but this time we asked him if he wanted to read with us, and he quickly said no, so we just read to him. Then after a few verses, he got up, got his glasses, and began to read with us!!! We were all so happy...and yes, I cried ahah. But then it was my turn to read so I had to quickly wipe away my tears and read (: I love him so much!! If he is the only one I can help be converted to the gospel, I will be so happy!! He really reminds me of my farewell talk when I talked about the joy we have when we bring one soul unto Christ. He is that one soul that brings me so much joy. But I love all my other investigators so much too and they are all doing so great! Just keep please praying for them. Love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week!!! Remember, "A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness."- James E. Faust

 Love you<3<3

Hermana Moberly 

P.S. Happy Birthday Emily and Kenzie OxOXoxX (I hope you read that like Nacho Libre says it (; )

No comments:

Post a Comment