Monday, August 26, 2013

Mo City August 26, 2013

Hola everyone!!!
I just wanted to send a quick letter home today. I don't have much to update on. It's still hot and humid, it rains almost every day and I rode my bike all week to save miles in the car (: It was really hard, but the good times make it all worth it!! I have also never had so many bug bites in my life! But if they scar, at least I can always look back and remember my mission (:
So we did some fun things this week. On Monday, a tree from one of our investigator's yard fell over in a storm into the middle of the street. So we took two of the men from the ward with us and used machetes and a saw to cut it down and move it. It was a lot of work, but super fun. I love service projects!! Because we were on bikes all week, we weren't able to visit or teach as many people as normal, and our area is so big that most of the people we went to visit weren't home by the time we finally got to their house. So our numbers for the week were really low, but the Lord definitely blessed us for our hard work and efforts. Most of what we did this week was just serve people and show them how much we loved them, and sometimes I think that is the best missionary work. Do as Christ would do, and love them. I read this morning in 1 Nephi 11:22 "And I answered him, saying: yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things." I know that when we increase the amount of love in ourselves, and then share that love with others, the love of God can spread. Our job as missionaries is primarily to increase the faith in others, and what Ammon did to do that in Ammon 17 was to first win the hearts of those people by loving and serving them.
We also had zone conference this week which was so great!!! President Ashton is one of the most spiritual people I have ever met. He is so good at trying to listen and follow the promptings of the spirit even when he has spent so much time planning out what he wanted to do. We learned a lot about the importance of righteous desires and how the Lord will always bless us according to our desires. I know that when we put all of our trust in him, and align our will with His, we will never be led astray. Obviously he knows what is best for us, but we are so quick to want to do things our own way. I've learned a lot about making sure I am always doing what He wants me to do rather than work things out my own way. Sometimes I ignore what end up being promptings or impressions of the Spirit, and then I have to quickly repent because the work would not move forward or be successful if missionaries just did what they thought was best for their investigators. This is the Lord's work. So, just pray to have more righteous desires and that you will do the Lord's will. I know He will answer you and you will be happier. I love y’all and hope you have a great week!!!
Hermana Moberly<3


Tres Hermana's and their Mo City Abuelitos

No comments:

Post a Comment