Monday, July 29, 2013

Missouri City, TX July 2013


Hola (:

              Well, this week was a rough one! But there were still a lot of great things that happened! We taught and visited a lot of our investigators this week and just kept trying to increase their faith. One lady has been investigating for 20 years and all of her children are baptized, but she couldn't because her "husband" needed to divorce his wife in Mexico before they could get married. He is finally in Mexico right now trying to figure that out, but she won't get baptized until he comes home. The problem is that he can't come home without hopping the border. So we are trying to teach her about Alma 34 and not procrastinating the day of your repentance. So we'll see how that goes. She is the lady who watches one of our other investigators, Joseline. Joseline was the girl who was supposed to be baptized a few weeks ago but her mom won't let her. I guess now, she took Joseline back and is super mad because she didn't want her taking the lessons from us. So we are just praying that either her heart will be softened and we can continue to see Joseline, or one day, Joseline can act on her faith. But it's in the Lord's hands now.

One day, we went to do service at a member's house and she wanted us to scrape all of the old paint off her house and re-paint it. And we got to do it with machetes!! So cool! (: It was super hot too and I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my entire life...nasty! We have been trying to find more people to teach, so one day we were walking down a street, and even though we aren't supposed to knock on doors anymore, we decided to knock on just one before we left. This 25 year old lady answered the door and she has three kids. She has a sign right outside her door that says "Esta hograr es Catolica" which means this house is Catholic, but we tried anyways and now she is taking the lessons! It was literally a miracle because we had been trying all day and the one door we knocked on was her! Her name is Abigail and guess what...SHE IS MARRIED!! Haha it is a miracle because no one is married over here! So I'll keep you updated on her.

On Friday we went to a stake talent show and got to see a lot of countries' dances. They even had one from Argentina! Speaking of which...I guess a lot of people just left for Argentina who put their visa papers in the middle of May. But I'm so happy I'm still here! I don't want to leave for awhile! Other than that...I gave a talk at our district meeting..in Spanish! It was hard, but it's over (: On Thursday, Hermana Kennedy got a really bad head cold and then I got it on Friday night and so was in bed all Saturday until about 4. But luckily we have a trio, because Hermana Johnson was able to go out with another sister and teach some lessons while we got better. I'm doing better, but I was so worried that because we were so sick, we wouldn't meet our goals. But luckily, Heavenly Father loves us and 7 people showed up to church on Sunday! It was ward conference so it was perfect for them! (: I also played the piano in church for the choir...loved that! (:

Other than that, nothing different! Just trying to work hard and help the people come closer to Christ. The other day, we made an altar of sacrifices out of shoe boxes so that we could write down things we wanted to change or do better and put them in. I found a scripture in D&C 132:50 that says "Behold, I have seen your sacrifices, and will forgive all your sins; I have seen your sacrifices in obedience to that which I have told you. Go therefore, and I make a way for your escape..." I know that if we are obedient and are sacrificing to do the things that God has asked us to do, it is possible to endure and push through. But we can't receive His help without first doing our own work. Hope that you all had a great week! Keep being obedient and have the love of God in your hearts<3 Love you and y'all are still in my prayers (; Texas is rubbing off on me haha. Have a great week!!

 
Hermana Moberly<3

Cory's service project this week...scraping the paint off of someone's house with a machete :)

Hermana Moberly, Hermana Johnson, and Hermana Kennedy doing some service.

No comments:

Post a Comment