Thursday, May 30, 2013

MTC Letter # 2 May 30, 2013

Hola Mi Familia!! (:

I can't believe I have already been here for over a week! The first few days were a little rough, just hard to get used to being away from home and not being able to communicate with anyone. But, I know that the Lord is always watching out for me because Curtis was my zone leader so I got to spend most of the day seeing him around campus!! Whenever I seemed to be having a hard time, I would run into him or Nathaniel, or Stratton! After the first few days though, everything has been so great! I came here thinking I already had a testimony of my savior Jesus Christ and His gospel, but I have had some real heart-softening experiences. I have learned that I need to first convert myself before I will ever be able to invite others to do the same. My whole purpose here in the MTC is not to learn how to communicate Spanish when I get to Argentina, but to learn how I can be a tool in Heavenly Father's hands in order to invite them to come unto Christ! It's been such a miracle and I love seeing how my life is completely in the hands of the Lord. My third day here I had to teach an investigator in Spanish!!! I had no idea what I was doing!!! But now I have taught him 5 lessons and it's only been one week! There is still A LOT that I need to learn before I would ever consider myself even "good" at Spanish, but I know that as long as I am obedient and I am trying my hardest to learn and teach by the spirit, I will be able to do the Lord's work.

Well, just some fun things to know, I am in a trio companionship and they are so awesome!! Their names are Hermana Helms and Hermana Garrett. They are both from Utah. I am the senior companion, and I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but I'm just trying to be a good example and help us all remember our purpose here on the mission. I played piano at church on Sunday, so once again, I am so thankful that I know how to play (: On Sundays, we go to the temple and walk around so I will send you some pictures of my companions and my district. We all get along so well! Send as many letters as you want! I don't get tired from hearing from you!!! We get to check the mail after lunch and dinner each day, so I get so excited when I get letters, even if I have already gotten 5 from you, Mom (: Love you! The food is the exact same as BYU's Cannon center, so that's good because I am already used to it not being very good haha. Well, hope you are all doing so well and can't wait to hear from you in the next week! Remember to try and become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ and develop His attributes each day. That's one of the things I am working on right now too, so you can do it with me! I love you so much!! I'll write again next week! Please keep praying for me (:

Love always,
Hermana Moberly
 
PS- Here are some pictures...ignore the date :)
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment