Monday, November 3, 2014

The Purification Process

Hola (:
I don't have much time today because I have to email my Mission President. He asked me to write a letter to the other missionaries about what has been of the greatest worth to me in my mission. It was really hard to write because I wanted to share everything I have learned, but over these last two weeks I have finally put something together! 
I talked about the purification process. Not just here in the mission, but throughout our lives. In Moroni 7 it talks a lot about how we need faith, hope, and charity to be able to one day stand in front of the Savior and not only recognize who he is, but be similar to Him as well. I have really learned a lot about my Savior on the mission. I feel like I can say I really know Him. I have sacrificed, prayed, desired, and strived to develop attributes that He has so that I could be a better disciple and representative of His. It was definitely not easy, and I know I still have a LONG way to go, but where I am right now, I can say I know who He is and can see a difference in the person I was when I started my mission. I know that each of us needs to strive every day to become more like Him. How sad would it be if when He comes again, we did not recognize Him? I want to be prepared for that day. If we read our scriptures, pray, go to church, love one another and serve one another, remember the covenants we have made with God, and endure through our trials with faith I know that we will become purified like Christ is pure in the process.
This week was a crazy one. The weather finally cooled off and we have had rainstorms the last few days. On Wednesday I was sick in bed all day with a 103.7 degree fever and a stomach infection, but it only lasted one day. I literally slept alllll day and alll night and then on Thursday we could go out and work again. I was just a little weak from it all, but I'm all better now! (:
Well, we are finding a ton of new investigators and inviting them all to baptism. But this week we will see the fruits of our labors (: Sorry this is so short! I love you all and hope you have a great week! Focus on what you need to do, change, or sacrifice to become more pure like our Savior Jesus Christ.

Love you!

Hermana Moberly

No comments:

Post a Comment